cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DBError, forward declaration

DBError, forward declaration

BogdanG
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, I'm trying to compile DBRoulette example in iOS SDK v2.0.6 and I get a forward declaration error:

.../DBRoulette/PhotoViewController.m:53:65: Receiver type 'DBError' for instance message is a forward declaration

I've searched throught the SDK but I couldn't find the interface for this class, am I missing anything?

(I'm using Carthage to download the SDK from github, if it matters)

6 Replies 6

EvilOneX
Explorer | Level 3
i need to get in so i can have games on my i pod

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the report! We're looking into it.

BogdanG
Explorer | Level 4

However, I successfully integrated the objc sdk v2 into my project and it runs just fine.

Robert S.138
Helpful | Level 7
I also got that error, but it turned out that all my uses of DBError in SDK 1.0.11 were actually DBRequestError in SDK 2.0.6. When I changed all my declarations from DBError to DBRequestError, everything compiled fine. Is that the right thing to do?

I was using DBError to do things like isInternalServerError, isBadInputError, isAuthError, etc. Are there any situations where this substitution is not appropriate?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks Robert. That's the right change. DBError was renamed to DBRequestError in 2.0.0:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/releases/tag/2.0.0

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
For reference, the sample app has been updated to work with the latest version of the SDK.
Need more support?