cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Developer vs Production

Developer vs Production

phunction
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Not sure if this is the correct board.

The developer part of using the api states that you can have up to 500 connections.

However, once I reaced the 50 mark,  received a letter saying:

"...you have two weeks to apply for and receive production approval before your app's ability to link additional Dropbox users will be automatically frozen."

So, wich is it? Do we only get 50 connections or 500? What happens if I don't apply, will the linking just stop working and I am stuck with only the 50?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The "production approval" section of the developer guide has more detail, but in short, once you link 50 accounts to your app while in development mode, you can either link up to 500, or link more for two more weeks, whichever comes first. If you don't apply for production, your app's ability to link more accounts will be frozen at 500, or whatever it has at the end of the two weeks, if less than 500.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The "production approval" section of the developer guide has more detail, but in short, once you link 50 accounts to your app while in development mode, you can either link up to 500, or link more for two more weeks, whichever comes first. If you don't apply for production, your app's ability to link more accounts will be frozen at 500, or whatever it has at the end of the two weeks, if less than 500.

Need more support?