cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dropbox support OAuth 2.0 Device Authorization Grant?

Does Dropbox support OAuth 2.0 Device Authorization Grant?

archer512
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm looking to develop an application utilizing OAuth 2.0 authentication protocol, which I know Dropbox supports. However, the application will be running on a device without a web browser, so the OAuth 2.0 Device Authorization Grant protocol must be followed. I am wanting to know whether Dropbox supports this work flow, and if so where I might find more documentation on the subject (all documentation regarding authentication I've found thus far assumes the presence of a web browser on device). Thanks for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, Dropbox doesn't support the device flow, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, Dropbox doesn't support the device flow, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

mkozlows
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Two years later, any fresher visibility into whether/when this has made the roadmap?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@mkozlows No, unfortunately I don't have any news on this.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    mkozlows New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?