cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download entire folder from Dropbox using Vb. NET

Highlighted

Download entire folder from Dropbox using Vb. NET

New member | Level 2

Hi guys!
I'm trying to write code to create a program that will download and upload files and folders from/to Dropbox automatically.

When I need to download a single file there's no problem using X.files.downloadAsync("path", await X.GetContentAsByteArrayAsync), but when I need to download an entire folder I don't know how to do it, I can't use the same instruction...

Someone know how to solve this issue?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Download entire folder from Dropbox using Vb. NET

Dropboxer

If you want to download an entire folder using the .NET SDK, you have two options:

1. Use the DownloadAsync method, calling once per file inside the folder. You can use the ListFolderAsync and ListFolderContinueAsync methods to get the file listing.
  2. Use the DownloadZipAsync method to download the entire folder, as long as its contents are under the documented size and file count limits. With this method, you'd then need to unzip the resulting data to access the contents. The Dropbox SDK itself doesn't offer an unzipping method, so you may need a system method or a different library to do that.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?