cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading, Getting metadata and Revisions of shared to me file

Downloading, Getting metadata and Revisions of shared to me file

NemiroViktor
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello.
How I can get a list of revisions (and other data) of the shared to me file (Only a file is shared, not folder).

I uses the method client.Sharing.ListReceivedFilesAsync() for  getting the list of shared to me files. 
But all the methods (client.Files.DownloadAsync(entry.Id), client.Files.ListRevisionsAsync(entry.Id), client.Files.GetMetadataAsync(entry.Id)) returns the error 'path not found'.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can use /2/sharing/get_shared_link_metadata and /2/sharing/get_shared_link_file to get the metadata and file content for a shared file, respectively, by passing "preview_url" as the "url" parameter.

The Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to list the revisions for a shared file like that, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can use /2/sharing/get_shared_link_metadata and /2/sharing/get_shared_link_file to get the metadata and file content for a shared file, respectively, by passing "preview_url" as the "url" parameter.

The Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to list the revisions for a shared file like that, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?