cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox API Add folder member not working

Dropbox API Add folder member not working

BIMcollab
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I am using the AddFolderMemberAsync (.NET SDK) to give access to a shared folder which is created with no access by default(it does not inherit members from parent folder, which is a team folder). Yesterday I noticed that sharing the folder did not work. I ran some tests with Postman as well - I am getting a null response and no exceptions, but the folder is still not shared even after a successful api call

Here is the code I've implemented:

-Creation of the folder
await dbt.AsAdmin(teammemberID).Sharing.ShareFolderAsync("ns:" + FolderId + "/" + Name, null, false, null, null, null, AccessInheritance.NoInherit.Instance);

-Sharing it

await dropboxClient.AsAdmin(teamAdminId).Sharing.AddFolderMemberAsync(SharedFolderId, newViewers);

Any help is appreciated! 

1 Reply 1

TaylorKrusen
Dropbox Staff

Are you getting a response from the first share folder call? That one does have a response object. 

Typically, no response from the Add Folder Member call means that the share was successful, so that is odd. 

Would you mind opening a ticket so we can discuss the specifics of your integration? Just mention that it's about an API integration and it will go directly to me. 

Need more support?