cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API Certificate Problem

Dropbox API Certificate Problem

lazyCoder
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi guys~

I wrote a app to manage my dropbox cloud. Recently i found that the app connot work, and from log  found that i got a curl errror [60].

SO i change the Certificate info, it works fine. From this Dropbox Topic i find dropbox change certificates for api.dropboxapi.com and content.dropboxapi.com, i want to know:

• is the certificate of the website replaced regularly?
  • is this replaced follow the certificate of curl  /   Mozilla cert ?
  • when did dropbox change CA file from DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA to DigiCert Global Root CA?

Can someone answer my question?Thanks very much~

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The certificates on the Dropbox servers are updated as needed. I don't have a specific history/schedule to share on exactly when that did/will occur.

Dropbox works to ensure that the servers are always served with valid certificates, but we don't guarantee we'll always being using a specific root, so we recommend making sure your trust store trusts both DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA and DigiCert Global Root CA.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The certificates on the Dropbox servers are updated as needed. I don't have a specific history/schedule to share on exactly when that did/will occur.

Dropbox works to ensure that the servers are always served with valid certificates, but we don't guarantee we'll always being using a specific root, so we recommend making sure your trust store trusts both DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA and DigiCert Global Root CA.

lazyCoder
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks!

I also wanto to konw, if dropbox's Root CA (DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA and DigiCert Global Root CA) will update with upstream certificates, in case i use the latest CA can't pass through dropbox's Verification

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm not quite sure I understand your latest question. Can you clarify? Thanks.

lazyCoder
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

For example, i use the latest CA  Store from curl(eg: ver 2022-12-09),but dropbox.com use the old DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA and DigiCert Global Root CA from old CA Store(eg: ver 2021-10-11). The two CA Store are completely different,so i can't pass dropbox verification.

Therefore, if upstrem (like MozillaCURL) update its CA Store, will dropbox sync updates?

Or i should download CA file from dropbox.com instead of using CA Store from from a third party?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The choice of trust store to use with your client is up to you, but to be able to successfully verify and connect to the Dropbox API servers you'll need to trust the root CA(s) used by the Dropbox servers. I can't provide any guarantee on if/when Dropbox will change its certificates.

lazyCoder
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

OK, I understand. Thanks~

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lazyCoder Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?