cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API V2 Silent Upload Death [Java] [Android]

Dropbox API V2 Silent Upload Death [Java] [Android]

pmsmm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm integrating the dropbox API in a college project in which I'm required to upload text files and download them (Which I have done with success) and I'm also required to upload and download photos. While trying to upload photos, I use the same exact logic for the text files and when I reach the line:

mDbxClient.files().uploadBuilder(remoteFolderPath + "/" + remoteFileName).withMode(WriteMode.OVERWRITE).uploadAndFinish(inputStream);

The debugger just dies, no exception is thrown, the application keeps on running normally but the photo is never uploaded.

Can you please  help me solve this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pmsmm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Nevermind, the lack of feedback was making me assume that the call never returned, it returned "shortly" after and the image got uploaded successfuly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pmsmm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Nevermind, the lack of feedback was making me assume that the call never returned, it returned "shortly" after and the image got uploaded successfuly.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear you sorted this out already.

By the way, the uploadAndFinish method returns a `FileMetadata` when it successfully runs, so you can programmatically check that return value for details on the uploaded file.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    pmsmm New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?