cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Business API 403 Error : "team selective sync is not enabled for this team"

Dropbox Business API 403 Error : "team selective sync is not enabled for this team"

zspang33
New member | Level 2

I am working on developing a dropbox business  app. I have gone through the process of setting up the app. When I try make the team_folder/create call, I receive this 403 Err:  "team selective sync is not enabled for this team".

How do I fix this issue? I have tried reading the Dropbox business documentation but cannot find the answer. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox Business API 403 Error : "team selective sync is not enabled for this team"

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

It sounds like you're operating on a Business team without that feature enabled, so you should just omit the "sync_setting" parameter on the /2/team/team_folder/create call. 

Also, note that if the team is using the "team space" configuration, you shouldn't use /2/team/team_folder/create anyway. You should use /2/files/create_folder_v2 to create folders in the team space root directly. You can find more information in the Namespace Guide.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?