cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Chooser doesn't work in Facebook in-app browser

Dropbox Chooser doesn't work in Facebook in-app browser

markusenglund
New member | Level 2

The Dropbox chooser uses a popup which means it runs into issues with the Facebook in-app browser (which is launched anytime a user clicks a link on Facebook or Instagram). This browser doesn't support popups and instead opens the popup link in the same window. When the user chooses a file nothing happens.

Is there anyway for me to support Dropbox in this browser?

Dropbox.isBrowserSupported() still returns true, which it probably shouldn't.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for sharing this. Unfortunately, no, we don't currently have a way of supporting this kind of scenario. The Dropbox Chooser page expects to be able to communicate with the original window to return the selected information and then close itself. This unfortunately fails when in this kind of single-window context. I'll send this along as a request for support for this, but I can't promise if or when that might be implemented.

Likewise, I'll also ask the team to see if we can detect this and update Dropbox.isBrowserSupported() to report it accordingly.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?