cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the Paper API be retired?

When will the Paper API be retired?

mrwordsmith
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

While diagnosing an issue with the Paper API this past weekend, I stumbled across this article from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/lp/developers/reference/paper-migration-guide

However it doesn't seem like my legacy Paper documents exist within the extant Dropbox file system, at least according to my files/list_folder (recursive = true) call. I would like to port over to using the standard API as soon as possible to avoid long-term issues with my integrations, but first I wanted to check if the plan is indeed to retire the Paper API in September and, if so, what the timeline is expected to be for legacy Paper docs over.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The current plan is to retire the Paper API endpoints in September of this year, per the migration guide. Of course, if anything changes, we'll make an announcement. 

Existing accounts may not have been themselves migrated yet, and I don't have a timeline to share for that, but if you want to test the new style, you can register a new account (for free) and use that to test your implementation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The current plan is to retire the Paper API endpoints in September of this year, per the migration guide. Of course, if anything changes, we'll make an announcement. 

Existing accounts may not have been themselves migrated yet, and I don't have a timeline to share for that, but if you want to test the new style, you can register a new account (for free) and use that to test your implementation.

mrwordsmith
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Great, that helps — thanks!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Quick update: we have extended the timeline for this: https://www.dropbox.com/lp/developers/reference/paper-migration-guide

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    mrwordsmith Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?