cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Saver suddenly stops working

Dropbox Saver suddenly stops working

darrylb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have a membership site in which I use the Dropbox Saver alongside the Google Drive saver button to allow members to download files. 

It's been working great over the last few years, but today, suddenly, without me making any changes, the dropbox saver button suddenly stopped working across the site. 

The Google Drive button for the same file is working fine, and I can download the linked file by right clicking on the saver button and selecting "save target as."

I've tried changing the app, setting the access token expiration to never expire, I've tried changing permissions and nothing seems to resolve it. 

Further, if I create a new button for a new file, the button works fine, but if I then change that same button to a file previously linked by another saver button it doesn't work. 

Anyone else come across this, or can point me to how I can work out what the problem is? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

darrylb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Problem solved! Thanks @Greg-db!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! Would you be able to share a sample link for a file that has this issue? That way we can reproduce it and investigate here. If you'd prefer to share privately, you can open an API ticket here.

darrylb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks! I've just posted a login as an API ticket.

darrylb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Problem solved! Thanks @Greg-db!

Need more support?