cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox's custom interpreter

Dropbox's custom interpreter

kvikram
New member | Level 2

Apologies if this is not the right forum, but I am interested in using Dropbox's custom python interpreter. I read about it in this paper: https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/woot13/woot13-kholia.pdf

I understand it is not a watertight solution, but it should be good enough for my purposes.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Does Dropbox license their custom python interpreter for use by third parties?

Thanks,
Vikram

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I don't believe we offer access to this, but I'll pass this along as a request to make that available. 

kvikram
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the response Greg

Is there a name for the custom python interpreter that I could use to refer to it? Also, let me know if I can help in any way to expedite making it available.

Thanks,
Vikram

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

There isn't a name I'm aware of. (It's not part of the public Dropbox API though, so I'm not very familiar with it.)

In any case, just to be clear, I've sent this along as a request, but I can't promise if or when this would be done.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    kvikram New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?