cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Auth Page - Email & Password fields disappear, so users can't login

Dropbox Auth Page - Email & Password fields disappear, so users can't login

Danny Connell
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

I have a "Dropbox Save & Restore" feature in my app, Fudget (www.fudget.com).

When the user enables this feature, I popup the Dropbox Auth Page.

And when the user starts typing an email address, the Email & Password fields disappear, so the user cannot login.

The fields seem to disappear as soon as you've typed in a string that would match as an email address (e.g. test@test.co)

You can see the problem in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7hcrz1pi1yufqw/Dropbox%20auth%20page%20-%20email%20%26%20password%20field...

Note: this was working fine for several years, until the last few days. Now I am inundated with emails from users about this.

Thanks,

Danny

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It looks like you're running the app authorization flow through a web view. Unfortunately, this is prone to compatibility issues with the Dropbox web site, as the browser engine used by web views like this tend to not get updated and break as web sites are updated. I recommend updating your app to send the app authorization flow through the system browser instead.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?