cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded device Over the Air download fails

Embedded device Over the Air download fails

flygecko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I have devices that have successfully been connecting to api.dropbox.com for several years for code download.  Yesterday they started not being able to setup a socket connection to the server.  Nothing has changed in the devices.  The connection to the server is a normal part of the device startup and had been working fine.  Does anybody have any ideas that could help?  My devices are not doing anything new and I was wondering if there is a problem with the API server.

Thanks!

Vic

11 Replies 11

flygecko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Greg-DB How do we make sure this is configured properly if this is an optional setting?  Thanks!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@flygecko The Dropbox API servers now accept, but do not require, SNI from the client, so I don't have a good way to recommend for testing this. It generally should be done automatically by the client though. Please refer to your platform's documentation for information on how you might update your client to use SNI. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    flygecko Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?