cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 400 when I use my android app

Error 400 when I use my android app

Oleg3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am the developer of android app. About 6 month ago I have migrated to API v2, and there was no problem. A few days ago I have started to recive the messages from some of my users about the error 400 when they intent to link with Dropbox. I personally intended to link Dripbox from my device, and also received the same error.

What could it be?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Did you make any changes to your app's configuration on the App Console recently, perhaps accidentally?

Specifically, please check that your have "Allow implicit grant" set to "Allow" on the app's page on the App Console, since you do need that for the app authorization flow used by the Java SDK. If it's set to "Disallow", switch it to "Allow" and try again, and let me know if that doesn't help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Did you make any changes to your app's configuration on the App Console recently, perhaps accidentally?

Specifically, please check that your have "Allow implicit grant" set to "Allow" on the app's page on the App Console, since you do need that for the app authorization flow used by the Java SDK. If it's set to "Disallow", switch it to "Allow" and try again, and let me know if that doesn't help.

Oleg3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thanks, Greg! Now it works!

By the way, What does "Allow implicit grant" mean? Why did it work before with "disallow" and now did not?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for following up. I'm glad to hear that's working now. The "implicit grant" is another name for the "token flow", which is the OAuth app authorization flow used by the Java SDK on Android. You can read more about it in the documentation if you wish.

That was always required to be set to "Allow" for this to work. Did you (or maybe anyone else who has access to your account) change it to "Disallow" recently by any chance? Let me know if not, in which case we'll look into it.

Oleg3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I entered in Dropbox console after I had been notified notified about error by users. So, it was not possible to change it before. And I am the only one who has access.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! We'll check on that.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Oleg3 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?