cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error 500 when authenticating via API and using redirect_uri

Error 500 when authenticating via API and using redirect_uri

Victor L.19
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

If i remove this parameter, it gives me a code. But adding it, returns an Error 500 on Dropbox.

Is this an issue with the platform? It was working properly this morning.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We've had our engineers working on this and the good news is the problem has been fixed. Please try again and you should find that this functionality works correctly.

Apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Can you share a sample URL that results in this error? Thanks in advance!

Victor L.19
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=6g7ilx7mk0okwo1&redirect_uri=h...

It's odd, if it's a first time user, it'll work just fine. But re-authenticatingcauses the 500 error. Maybe it's due to the fact that the app is already authed and setup.

If that's the case, how do I re-auth a user for my app?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks! We'll look into it.

Victor L.19
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

An additional piece of information.

I created another temp app and connected my webapp to it. And it works flawlessly.

One thing I did do that I forgot to mention, is rename the App that's currently not working. I renamed the folder it creates in the user's Dropbox. Maybe this will help find the root cause on your end.

Thanks,

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We've had our engineers working on this and the good news is the problem has been fixed. Please try again and you should find that this functionality works correctly.

Apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

hartla
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting this error - it's 8/21/2019 - what's the issue, please?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@hartla This was an old thread about an issue that has since been resolved. It sounds like you're seeing a similar issue now, so please open a new thread with steps for reproducing the issue you're seeing so we can investigate it for you.  Thanks in advance! 

Need more support?