cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File upload

File upload

Yarzar_HlaingOo
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello everyone, according to HTTP API Documentation (https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/http/documentation#file_properties-properties-add), I made this HTTP post from my esp8266 as in the first picture.

a.png

The response I got was the following html code. This indicates ERROR 404. Can anyone point out the mistake in my code, please?

ps: I am also finding itb.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There are a few ways this might be breaking based on what you shared here:

• Is the value of `Link` definitely correct? (I'm asking since the value isn't set within the code you shared.)
  • It looks like the "Content-Length" value of "13" is incorrect. Your request body is longer than that. Try editing your code to supply the correct value.

Also, in general, we recommend trying to avoid constructing the HTTP request manually like this. If possible, using an HTTP client that can automatically build the HTTP request for you based on native objects is generally less prone to errors like this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There are a few ways this might be breaking based on what you shared here:

• Is the value of `Link` definitely correct? (I'm asking since the value isn't set within the code you shared.)
  • It looks like the "Content-Length" value of "13" is incorrect. Your request body is longer than that. Try editing your code to supply the correct value.

Also, in general, we recommend trying to avoid constructing the HTTP request manually like this. If possible, using an HTTP client that can automatically build the HTTP request for you based on native objects is generally less prone to errors like this.

Need more support?