cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Get child folder link from shared folder link

Get child folder link from shared folder link

LKT
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to use the API to get the already created shared url for child folders in a shared folder.

To demonstrate I have a shared folder link that contains some files and a folder here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lgjbsmsdzyobz8a/AABQPF-7nPepYQO8XXRObsJ9a?dl=0

If I click the folder kittens I get a new url:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lgjbsmsdzyobz8a/AAAIfr7gFKAcPT_JhqJwqKN7a/kittens?dl=0&subfolder_nav_trac...

How can I get the url for the kittens folder from the first shared url using the API? I know I can use files/list_folder to get the file and folder names but I don't see how I can convert that to the shared link.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to get the child link like this unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to get the child link like this unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Update: The Dropbox API now returns the shared link for the nested item as 'url' when requesting the metadata for that item using the "path" parameter on /2/sharing/get_shared_link_metadata (instead of the original parent link).

Need more support?