cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting Unknown API function: /2/files/get_metadata

Getting Unknown API function: /2/files/get_metadata

mafurag
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello there, I am currently testing Dropbox API.

This endpoint is giving me errors:

https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/get_metadata

Its returning the following error:

Error in call to API function "files/get_metadata": Unknown API function: /2/files/get_metadata

Error code 400:  Bad Request.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue is now fixed and should be working properly. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

jacobras
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I am suddenly seeing this in the production version of my app. What's going on?!

ecube
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We're seeing this in our production application too. We haven't performed a deployment or made any changes. This is crippling our business critical application.

ecube
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm tentatively going to say this has been resolved... our application has begun working again and there are no more errors in the logs.

jacobras
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Same here, app working again!

DreamEd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropsync was failing from 6am UTC this morning, seems to be fixed now. This post saved me emailing the devs thankfully!

mafurag
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The endpoint is working, but I'm occasionally still getting the error. Especially in a situation where the endpoint is accessed multiple times.

Is there some throttling on this endpoint?

jacobras
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
@mafurag that's probably not all servers being updated yet, and load balancing sometimes connecting you to one running older software 🙂 Let's give it some time.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue is now fixed and should be working properly. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

mafurag
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Tested, all good now. Thank you for quickly resolving this issue.

Need more support?