cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the Latest Changes of the Files and Folders

Getting the Latest Changes of the Files and Folders

rajhanskumar
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Team,

We have consumed the Continue API this

https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder/continue

To get the latest changes of the Dropbox account,  but I am still confused what is meaning of 

has_more Boolean If true, then there are more entries available. Pass the cursor to list_folder/continue to retrieve the rest.

How can Get the latest changes to the Dropbox account if has_More value is true

if has_more is false then I Update the response cursor to our server to get the latest changes of the Dropbox it is working perfectly 

but when  has_more value is true then what is the Process to get the latest changes of the Dropbox account??.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If the response from /2/files/list_folder or /2/files/list_folder/continue indicates '"has_more": true', that indicates that there are more results to be retrieved, and so the app should take the "cursor" value from the response and call back to /2/files/list_folder/continue with that value as the "cursor" parameter. That new call will return the next page of results, and so on.

If it indicates '"has_more": false', that means there currently are no more results to be retrieved. You can still store the cursor and check back later though.

Please refer to the /2/files/list_folder or /2/files/list_folder/continue documentation for more information. I also recommend reading the File Access Guide and the Detecting Changes Guide.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?