cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP API "Your app is not currently allowed to use API v2"

HTTP API "Your app is not currently allowed to use API v2"

GioJC
New member | Level 2

Hi, good afternoon.

I have an app that used to run fine on the v1 API using http requests. I got the authorization code with the API call "https://api.dropboxapi.com/oauth2/token", but when i tried to get the account information i got the follow error: "Error in call to API function "users/get_current_account": Your app is not currently allowed to use the API v2 beta API".

So i created another app with the same attributes (App Folder permission). This time works with the new app.

So my question is: If both apps are identicals, what is the issue with the oldest app?

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Are you sure the apps had the same exact attributes, e.g., the permission?

Unfortunately, API v2 doesn't support the "file type" permission, so your app would get this error message when attempting an API v2 call if it had the file type permission.

That being the case, you would need to register a new app for the full Dropbox or app folder permission in order to use API v2, as you did, and have your users connect to that app instead.

I'll send this along as a feature request for file type permission support for API v2, but I can't make any promises there, and I'm not aware of any plans to implement support for it on API v2 unfortunately.

Apologies I don't have better news!

GioJC
New member | Level 2

Thank you for you quick response. And yes both app are identicals, i readed many post before to write you and i was aware with the Type permissions.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks! In that case, please open a ticket with the relevant app keys, code, and output so we can check on this for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

GioJC
New member | Level 2

Thank you so much, let me get all information for make it easy for you.

Best.

GioJC
New member | Level 2

My apologies for the confussion, my partner just sent me the screenshot and i just to check the permission type for the oldest app.

Permission type: "Documents".

So my new question is: this type is available in the new Dropbox Version?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
I see, thanks for double checking. That "Documents" permission is a configuration of the "file type" permission I was referring to. That unfortunately is not supported by API v2.

GioJC
New member | Level 2

Thank you for you quick response. Have a good afternoon.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

GioJC New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?