cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i integrate Dropbox chooser with Angular app?

How do i integrate Dropbox chooser with Angular app?

gauravsc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am using angular v 7 which is currently stable angular version. I would like to use angular chooser in my application. I have used it with JavaScript/AngularJS . There i can import script with my app key. Here in angular 7, i need it to work with typescript. How do i do that? If chooser is not available in this scenario, how can i mimic it's functionality?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox Chooser isn't officially supported in Angular unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

If you wanted to replicate the functionality using the Dropbox API, you could do so using the following endpoints (or corresponding methods in an SDK/library), but it would be substantially more work:

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox Chooser isn't officially supported in Angular unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

If you wanted to replicate the functionality using the Dropbox API, you could do so using the following endpoints (or corresponding methods in an SDK/library), but it would be substantially more work:

gauravsc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks @Greg-DB for quick reply.

What i need is link of users file, which is returned by chooser. i will try to find alternative way to do it. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you use the Dropbox API, the /2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings and /2/files/get_temporary_link endpoints can be used to retrieve links equivalent to "preview" or "direct" links from the Chooser, respectively.

gauravsc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Greg, 

Thanks for reverting.

I would like to share more info for my usecase. May be you can suggest the best way to achive what i need. 

Is there any way i can send private message?So i can share more details.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, if you would like to request API support privately, you can do so here.

dbrw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

this works... somewhere in your component.ts: (remember the script tag in index.html or wherever)

const options = {

success: (files) => {

// do something

},

};

const dropbox = (window as any).Dropbox;

const dropboxBtn = dropbox.createChooseButton(options);

document.getElementById('<your div id>').appendChild(dropboxBtn);

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dbrw New member | Level 2