cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to add a user to an application in development?

How to add a user to an application in development?

FALSHER
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I want to test the developed application on another account. I get the access token using the method "/oauth2/authorize?client_id=*****&response_type=code". As a result, I get a key that is different in length from the one that I generated in the app console, in addition, when I execute any request in the dropbox, I get a 401 Unauthorized status

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

FALSHER
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was able to solve my problem myself. For authorization using the Bearer method, you need exactly the same long access token that can be obtained with response_type=token

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

FALSHER
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was able to solve my problem myself. For authorization using the Bearer method, you need exactly the same long access token that can be obtained with response_type=token

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, when using 'response_type=code', you'll get back an "authorization code", not an "access token". You can exchange the authorization code for an access token by calling /oauth2/token.

When using 'response_type=token', you'll get back an access token directly.

The 'response_type=token' flow is no longer recommended though. It's best to use 'response_type=code' for server-side apps, and 'response_type=code' with PKCE for client-side apps.

You can find more information in the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation.

Need more support?