cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to correctly edit the TestData.m file?

How to correctly edit the TestData.m file?

DimMalysh
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Good afternoon. I'm trying to use your test application with my personal data (I edit the TestData.m file in the application). How to properly edit it and what personal information do I need to enter to access my folder?

Снимок экрана 2017-08-26 в 13.24.55.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That test project included with the Dropbox API v2 Objective-C SDK is really only necessary if you're planning on making changes to the SDK itself, which most developers don't need to do. If you don't need to make changes to the SDK, we recommend just installing the SDK using one of the supported installation methods.

If you are planning on modifying the SDK though, there is some more information about the tests included, and what kinds of apps they correspond to, in ViewController.m

The account IDs would be the IDs for accounts returned by the API, e.g., from getCurrentAccount. The email would be the email address registered to the account.

The OAuth 1 access token would be from API v1, which supported both OAuth 2 and OAuth 1, as opposed to API v2 which only supports OAuth 2. API v2 allows you to migrate OAuth 1 access tokens to OAuth 2 though.

The different app key pairs would be from registering different kinds of Dropbox API apps. Note that Dropbox Business API apps (that is, the "team" apps) can only be used by Dropbox Business accounts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That test project included with the Dropbox API v2 Objective-C SDK is really only necessary if you're planning on making changes to the SDK itself, which most developers don't need to do. If you don't need to make changes to the SDK, we recommend just installing the SDK using one of the supported installation methods.

If you are planning on modifying the SDK though, there is some more information about the tests included, and what kinds of apps they correspond to, in ViewController.m

The account IDs would be the IDs for accounts returned by the API, e.g., from getCurrentAccount. The email would be the email address registered to the account.

The OAuth 1 access token would be from API v1, which supported both OAuth 2 and OAuth 1, as opposed to API v2 which only supports OAuth 2. API v2 allows you to migrate OAuth 1 access tokens to OAuth 2 though.

The different app key pairs would be from registering different kinds of Dropbox API apps. Note that Dropbox Business API apps (that is, the "team" apps) can only be used by Dropbox Business accounts.

Need more support?