cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix this issue? ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.h' file not found

How to fix this issue? ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.h' file not found

purringpigeon
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I had a source control issue causing me to manually merge two different streams.  All my code seems to be there, but now in the app delegate I am getting the error noted above on the import statement in my AppDelegate

#import <ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.h>

I can see the POD, but no idea what is going on.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
It's unclear exactly what happened in your project as a result of your source control issue, but I recommend just re-installing the pod:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c#cocoapods

You can also delete the Pods folder and Podfile.lock file to start clean before installing again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
It's unclear exactly what happened in your project as a result of your source control issue, but I recommend just re-installing the pod:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c#cocoapods

You can also delete the Pods folder and Podfile.lock file to start clean before installing again.

purringpigeon
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I was able to do that - but then all the API I used is no longer there...... So I guess I will need to update all my code for the new API.

marcoalt
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same issue and can't get this to work. I've tried cleaning, reinstalling, etc. - but I keep getting 

#import <ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.h> file not found.

Any other ideas? 

Out of desperation I was trying the carthage option but that one fails at the basic command that I run on the terminal to build it (the idea was to add it manually at this point). 

If you can point me in the right direction for a manual add, that's fine too, as long as I can get past this problem. 

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@marcoalt We currently officially support three different installation methods for the Dropbox Objective-C SDK. Specifically:

It sounds like you were initially trying to install it via CocoaPods, is that right? Can you double check you followed the instructions exactly as documented? 

Also, make sure you open the .xcworkspace file, not the .xcodeproj file.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    marcoalt Explorer | Level 4
    purringpigeon Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?