cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get list of shared files owned by my account

How to get list of shared files owned by my account

ericchubb
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there,

I would like to get a list of files/folders that I own and have shared with someone else, but I've noticed in the list_folder command from the REST API that it doesn't seem to return information about who owns a shared file/folder - it just contains general sharing info, regardless of whether I own the file and share it with someone else or vice versa. 

Looking at the docs, it seems like I need to make separate calls for each file/folder I'm interested in. This could have a major performance impact on the client code we use to connect to DropBox, so I was wondering if what I've said is true, or if there's a quick way for me to get my own files/folders that I shared with someone else?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately there isn't a direct way to list all shared files/folders that the connected account specifically owns only. There are a few different types of sharing on Dropbox, so for reference I recommend reading the Sharing Guide if you haven't already.

The check the members/owner of a shared folder, you would use /2/sharing/list_folder_members[/continue]. To list the members/owner of a shared file, you would use /2/sharing/list_file_members[/continue]. To list the shared links, you would use /2/sharing/list_shared_links.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?