cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save pictures inside an array and then display

How to save pictures inside an array and then display

haso94
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

In my vue application I am trying to download pictures from my dropbox account. So far I can get the metadata but I want to get the images and save them inside an array and then display them on my application. How could I do that? This is my code to download / get the information.

getImages() {
const Dropbox = require("dropbox").Dropbox;
let pictures2 = [];
const dbx = new Dropbox({
accessToken: 'ACCESS_TOKEN'
});
dbx.filesDownload({
path: "/test/road-6576857_1920.jpg"
}).then(function(response) {
console.log(response)
},
)}

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69320818/how-to-download-dropbox-pictures-locally-to-a-folder-wi... ]

Exactly how you save/display them depends on your app/environment, but the filesDownload method is the right way to download a file's data from Dropbox. You can get the resulting data from the response as shown in this example for a browser environment, and this example for a node environment.

haso94
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply. The one for the browser does not open, I looked at the one for the node environment but the problem is, that I do not have FileBinary for example and name is only accessible in my case with response.result.name. Is it due to the different methods we use?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Apologies, I've fixed the first link.

Depending on the type of environment, the file data itself will be available in either the object's 'fileBlob' or 'fileBinary' property.

haso94
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, if I understood the example correctly. The shown method downloads the file from a url but this would be different from my usecase. I want to download it directly from inside a folder to a local folder in my project. For example if I log the response I am getting I can see the FileBlob in the console. But I can not access it from my code to do something like this for example: result.FileBlob what could be the error in this?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Yes, those examples happen to use the sharingGetSharedLinkFile method, but accessing the result works the same way as filesDownload.

As for the latest issue, I see you opened a new forum thread and GitHub issue, so I'll follow up with you there.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    haso94 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?