cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Dropbox as server side Laravel Filesystem continuously?

How to use Dropbox as server side Laravel Filesystem continuously?

Amicao
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, good evening, my name is Victor, I'm currently on behalf of a customer to solve a doubt. I need to make a Laravel application for him that uses Dropbox as its Filesystem for file storage. Currently I have implemented this project schema with the spatie/flysystem-dropbox dependency like this https://github.com/VictorRayan/laravel-dropbox/. With this, the application is already able to perform file management operations on Dropbox, however, it uses the Access Token that expires periodically, as it is a server application, it is not feasible to have to manually update the temporary token all the time.

So the solution that I imagine I've read in the documentation would be to use the Dropbox app's ID and Secret to generate a refresh token request and periodically obtain, in an automated way, new expired access tokens to continue using in this already implemented system.

My problem is that I read and read a lot of the documentation about HTTP and OAuth flow and for me still its implementation and functioning is however obscure, I can't understand. I would be very grateful if you could help me with some example according to what I need.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @Amicao,

You can get idea how it works here, I believe. 😉 Your work is the PHP "translation".

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @Amicao,

You can get idea how it works here, I believe. 😉 Your work is the PHP "translation".

Hope this helps.

Amicao
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you very so much! Now it's clarified to me, I understood well how it works.

Really, this will be just the PHP translation haha

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Amicao Explorer | Level 3
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?