cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal server error using save_url

Internal server error using save_url

gauravsc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am using dropbox http api end point save_url. I am developing an application where we get dropbox files using chooser and upload those file in our app`s dropbox account. Till now everything was working fine, but for last one hour or so i started getting internal server error(500). Here are some of the request id 

Chooser option set to: preview (i get preview link from chooser and pass those links to save_url api end point.)
Dropbox-Request-Id: f3e95697f9780626927ed21f42d8cf00 Dropbox-Request-Id: 9d733669dbffde99c121b6248befa614
Dropbox-Request-Id: 4a5349b5aba59072573833fce0cc7493
Chooser option set to: direct (i get direct link from chooser and pass those links to save_url api end point.)
Dropbox-Request-Id: 755ed0d470ec1f789bb2553ad674a39f
Dropbox-Request-Id: ed9d15dd48f00a85d57a5fbfd383bff9
Dropbox-Request-Id: acc4a92d1f2cd0f405ccd84db27b02c6

I was able to upload using "preview" link returned by chooser. All of sudden it started giving internal server error 500. I just tried by setting chooser option to get "direct" link but still i am getting above error.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! It looks like this can occur when the Dropbox user that owns the links has exceeded their shared link traffic limit. I'll ask the team to fix this up and return a more useful error in this case.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! It looks like this can occur when the Dropbox user that owns the links has exceeded their shared link traffic limit. I'll ask the team to fix this up and return a more useful error in this case.

gauravsc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

from the doc you shared:

"

• 20 GB per day: The total amount of traffic that all of your links and file requests combined can generate

"

i am developing an app, specifically i am testing on big files, so i believe, this could happen.  Is there any developer account or something where i can test and develop.
Apart from this, when would the ban revoked? so i can resume working. I will keep this thing in mind, about size limit.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There isn't a way to avoid this for developer testing unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

Shared links and file requests are banned temporarily, 1 day for the first time, and progressively longer for each time after.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    gauravsc Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?