cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid access token

Invalid access token

tikvica12
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm creating a python kivy app which uploads one file to my dropbox and I want to deploy that app on android. When I run my python app on my pc, everything works fine. I manage to upload the file to my dropbox account using access token as intended. When I deploy the app on android using buildozer, I'm getting AuthError('invalid_access_token'). I'm totally new to all of this, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Also, after I run my app on android and get the error, the access token no longer works when the app is run on pc (getting the same error on pc as well). What could go wrong after deploying it on android?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Given that the access token no longer works even in the environment where it originally worked, it sounds like the access token was likely revoked.

By default, Dropbox API access tokens for your app(s) don't become invalid and yield 'invalid_access_token' by themselves, but there a number of different ways that a Dropbox API access token can become invalid, including:
Please review the above possibilities for information on why your tokens may be invalid. Let me know if none of these seem to apply though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Given that the access token no longer works even in the environment where it originally worked, it sounds like the access token was likely revoked.

By default, Dropbox API access tokens for your app(s) don't become invalid and yield 'invalid_access_token' by themselves, but there a number of different ways that a Dropbox API access token can become invalid, including:
Please review the above possibilities for information on why your tokens may be invalid. Let me know if none of these seem to apply though.

tikvica12
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

I found the issue. It was due to publicly sharing on GitHub. Thanks for helping.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tikvica12 Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?