cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ListFolderAsync()

Issue with ListFolderAsync()

SauravAnand
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm using ListFolderAsync() to fetch all albums of Dropbox authorized account in my application and its returning too but the issue is when I'm using:

var list = await dbclient.Files.ListFolderAsync(path, true);

then i'm getting 20 albums with names etc. But when I'm using:

var list = await dbclient.Files.ListFolderAsync(path, true);
while (list.HasMore)
{
   list = await dbclient.Files.ListFolderContinueAsync(list.Cursor);
}

then i'm getting 10 different albums with different names etc.

Why i'm getting different-different albums from above both methods?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The ListFolder/ListFolderContinue functionality is paginated, meaning that each call to ListFolder or ListFolderContinue will only contain a portion of the overall results.

In your second piece of code, you're overwriting the `list` variable with each call to ListFolderContinue without reading what it contained from the previous call. To get everything, you'll need to read out/save the list.Entries from each call.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The ListFolder/ListFolderContinue functionality is paginated, meaning that each call to ListFolder or ListFolderContinue will only contain a portion of the overall results.

In your second piece of code, you're overwriting the `list` variable with each call to ListFolderContinue without reading what it contained from the previous call. To get everything, you'll need to read out/save the list.Entries from each call.

SauravAnand
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for all your hep & support. I'm able to get all the albums now and its working fine. As you said i didn't save my prev entries before query to ListFolderContinue.

Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SauravAnand Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?