cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with list_folder & list_folder/continue

Issue with list_folder & list_folder/continue

raRaRa
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hey.

I'm basically syncing changes made to a folder by calling list_folder every minute. I recently changed my strategy to use list_folder/continue in order to only get changes that have happened, instead of calling list_folder every minute.

I must say it looked promising, but sometimes when I add multiple files, list_folder/continue will only show one file, and the rest will be shown much later. Here's an example:

list_folder returns 3 files and the cursor A

I add 3 photos to the folder

list_folder/continue with cursor A shows 1 photo and I store the returned cursor as cursor B

list_folder/continue with cursor B shows 0 entries and I store the returned cursor as cursor C.

... ~3 minutes later ....

list_folder/continue with cursor J shows 2 entries

I can confirm that all of the photos had already synced to Dropbox. Could this be an issue because I'm storing the cursor even if there are no changes? Based on what I've read I should always store the latest cursor even if list_folder/continue returns no entries.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Are you using include_media_info=true when first calling /2/files/list_folder? If so, there can be a delay like this for some files while the media information is prepared.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Are you using include_media_info=true when first calling /2/files/list_folder? If so, there can be a delay like this for some files while the media information is prepared.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?