Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Keep Dropbox authentication in memory for future use IOS

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hello everybody,

I've created a root app for IOS in Cydia. Dropbox integration is in my application, everything is fine, link account, upload, download etc...

I need to keep in memory the user authentication because everytime my app is closed, if I need to do one thing related to Dropbox I need to relink my app to my Dropbox account. The issue is that if Dropbox application is installed, my application is closed for Dropbox opening and after successful authentication my app is reopened. Because of the close/reopen actions, the authentication is not taken in count by my app (my app is not running at this moment...), If Dropbox application is not installed, everything is fine because an UIWebView is openned into my app, so the authentication is done when my app is open and it's taken in count !

So my question is how can I keep in memory the user authentication even if it's done when my app is closed ? Or alternatively how can I force the Dropbox authentication to be done in the UIWebView instead of the application ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Keep Dropbox authentication in memory for future use IOS

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

[Cross-linking for reference: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28147032/keep-dropbox-authentication-in-memory-for-futur-use-ios ]

Whether or not the Dropbox app is installed shouldn't affect how the access token is stored. In either case, when the user finishes the app authorization flow, the Dropbox SDK stores the access token in the keychain and the user is returned to your app.

If this isn't working correctly for you, please let us know what SDK and version you're using, and post the relevant code snippets, as well as any log output from the app.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?