cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: List ALL file/folder metadata

List ALL file/folder metadata

starver
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is there a way to list "all" file/folder metadata, not restricted to impersonated member access.

Even team admins may not have visibility to all files/folders using User Endpoint files/list_folders endpoint. 

It looks like the web UI's /team/team_content/get_metadata and related endpoints would suit the need well but access tokens provided with the highest priviledged Dropbox connected apps are not allowed to use that endpoint.

Is there another type of Dropbox connected app I can create that will provide access to /team/team_content/get_metadata?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, you can still use Dropbox Business API apps with the "team member file access" permission via the "member file access" feature to access any team-owned content, e.g., via /2/files/list_folder[/continue], etc., even without specifying a particular member with access. You should use the "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin" header instead of "Dropbox-API-Select-User" to do so. The "member file access" documentation has some more information on that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, you can still use Dropbox Business API apps with the "team member file access" permission via the "member file access" feature to access any team-owned content, e.g., via /2/files/list_folder[/continue], etc., even without specifying a particular member with access. You should use the "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin" header instead of "Dropbox-API-Select-User" to do so. The "member file access" documentation has some more information on that.

starver
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Greg, exactly what I was looking for.

btw, I appreciate the care you take of this community!

Need more support?