cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Managing shared folder invitations through the sharing API v2

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi,

I wish to manage sharing invitations through the new sharing API; that is I want to be able to accept, decline, as well as temporarily ignore membership invitations.

As far as I can tell, the sharing API alone does not provide the means necessary to handle this; there is only a single piece of information, the 'path_lower' attribute in the /sharing/list_folders endpoint, which tells you whether a folder is mounted or not. It does not tell you however if the folder is a brand new membership invitation, an old one that has been ignored, a folder that the user has left (but could rejoin later), etc. These are all functionalities that are possible in the dropbox UI.

Is there any plan to enrich the sharing endpoints to allow such invitation management? Or is the course of action here to build my own layer to store unmounted folder information? (such as newly seen invites, explicit user unmounts, and so on)

Regards,

Dimitris

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Managing shared folder invitations through the sharing API v2

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Dimitris, there currently aren't any plans for this, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request. That being the case, if this is a concept your app needs, you'll need to manage this on your side as you mentioned. 

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?