cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Method Create_shared_link_with_settings

Method Create_shared_link_with_settings

terezakloboucek
Helpful | Level 5

Hello folks,

1) Is the method  create_shared_link_with_settings up to date? When I compare the settings with the settings in the front-end, it is not the same. For example the user can disable downloads in the front-end, while via API the user can set up only the viewer/editor/max access.

2) What are the possible combinations of "requested visibility" and "RequestedLinkAccessLevel"? When I use the value "editor" with any possible value in the field "requested visibility", the error "invalid settings" is returned.

Thank you in advance.

Tereza

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Method Create_shared_link_with_settings

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

1) The functionality available on the API can sometimes lag behind the functionality in the product. The Dropbox API doesn't currently offer the ability to set a link to disallow downloads, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

2) Apologies for the confusion. The 'RequestedLinkAccessLevel.editor' option for 'SharedLinkSettings.access' isn't supported for standard files. It's meant for cloud-based documents, such as Google Docs listed in Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

1) The functionality available on the API can sometimes lag behind the functionality in the product. The Dropbox API doesn't currently offer the ability to set a link to disallow downloads, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

2) Apologies for the confusion. The 'RequestedLinkAccessLevel.editor' option for 'SharedLinkSettings.access' isn't supported for standard files. It's meant for cloud-based documents, such as Google Docs listed in Dropbox.

terezakloboucek
Helpful | Level 5

Greg, thank you very much for your fast reply! If every service/app had support like Dropbox, users would be in heaven.

Regards

Tereza

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

The Dropbox API now supports enabling/disabling the download restriction on a shared link via the SharedLinkSettings.allow_download setting on /2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings and /2/sharing/modify_shared_link_settings (and corresponding methods in the official SDKs).

You can also check the setting for a shared link via the SharedLinkMetadata.link_permissions.allow_download field, such as returned by /2/sharing/list_shared_links or /2/sharing/get_shared_link_metadata  (and corresponding methods in the official SDKs).

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
    terezakloboucek Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?