cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mute option not working for API v2 write REST call

Mute option not working for API v2 write REST call

Ed T.2
Explorer | Level 4

I know there has been at least one other discussion on this, but it got wrapped up in the whole "APP' directory should be turned off by default discussion.

I want to report a clearer(?) issue. I recently upgraded to API v2 as required.

I make a write call with 

'Dropbox-API-Arg': JSON.stringify({"path": path,
"mode": "overwrite",
"mute": true})

I still get a desktop notification.

I confirmed I have the latest client version.

I am on a MAC.

28 Replies 28

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
No, unfortunately I don't have an update on this.

Jan_Zeman
Helpful | Level 6

OK, thanks for the truth. Is there any chance at all it can be ever processed? 2 months ago you mentioned the "right people" - have you ever received any feedback from them? Can you please share any details? Have a nice day, Jan

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
I'm afraid I don't have any details or a potential timeline to share. This issue is open with the team, but I don't have any feedback on it.

Jan_Zeman
Helpful | Level 6

Is there not any chance to stress out how SIMPLE the suggested change is? It is one of two lines of code changes in the desktop client code. I am a team lead myself - deciding about task priorities is my weekly job - and the time estimation is an important factor in our never ending (re)prioritization effort.

I guess you have a very similar ticketing system as every other company. Do I interpret it correctly that you opened the ticket by the team and there was an absolutly zero reaction from their side? Or did anybody at least put one single comment on that ticket? Has anybody at least considered the suggested change?

Thanks again for forwarding this, Jan

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
My understanding is that it is not in fact a particularly simple change.

In any case, I'm afraid I don't have any news on this. Apologies I can't be more helpful!

Jan_Zeman
Helpful | Level 6

Hello @Greg-DB, I am very sorry for not giving up and please do not take it personally but what hints lead to to "understanding that it is not in fact a particularly simple change"?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Based on the internal information available to me (the code, etc.), it appears it will not be a trivial fix.

Jan_Zeman
Helpful | Level 6

And would it please be possible to share a hint about that internal information reasoning? Not the whole answer (that would break the internal concept) but its very basic idea?

Your client code already has that functionality built-in. Please see the attached screenshot:

Selective Sync.png 

All what is needed is to disable that "Apps" folder by default. Your programmer would simply simulate the action each your user is forced to do manually on the UI exposed. That is all. I cannot think about a much simpler programming task than this...

IF (folder == "Apps") THEN uncheck the default pre-selection // And even better hide the Apps folder from this view completely. Users do NOT want to be notified about internal APPS communication.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
No, I'm afraid I can't share any internal information. Apologies I can't be of more use! I'll be sure to reply here if/when I have any useful information to share.
Need more support?