cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET API AddFolderMember call

.NET API AddFolderMember call

TwinBlade
Helpful | Level 5

Hi, 

I am using the following API call: 

AddFolderMemberAsync

but today I got the "rate_limit" exception. I am using the access token of a business trial account. I want to know what the rate limit for folder invitations via this call is (per day) and is there a maximum amount of Dropbox accounts this folder can be shared with ? 

Thank you in advance !

3 Replies 3

Re: .NET API AddFolderMember call

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

The AddFolderMemberError.RateLimit error means:

"The current user has hit the limit of invites they can send per day. Try again in 24 hours."

This is a limit on the number of invites that can be sent per user per day, not a limit on the number of accounts that can share a folder. There isn't a specific number documented though.

Zamfirov1
New member | Level 2
Hi Greg,
So is there you are not aware of the actual max number of invitations per user per day? Can you please tell me what is the max amount of users a shared folder can have and is that based on the dropbox account type (e.g. business, enterprise etc.) or is it hardcoded ?

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

We do not have documentation for the specific numbers for the amount of invites allowed per day or any limit on the number of members a shared folder can have, so I don't have any more specific information to share.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
    Zamfirov1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?