cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: Need Bitcode Framework

Need Bitcode Framework

Will P.7
New member | Level 1

It is not possible to build a WatchOS 2 app without the containing application also being built entirely with Bitcode. So even though a normal iOS 9 app does not require Bitcode strictly, anything with a WatchOS 2 app does including the containing iOS 9 app.

Therefore, it is critical that all libraries and frameworks such as Dropbox release at least a preliminary build that provides Bitcode.

21 Replies 21

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I don't have a timeline for the next update for the iOS Core SDK but I'll send this along to the team as a request.

Will P.7
New member | Level 1

We did the integrate the source method. Note that the source is woefully out of date and not even ARC ready, so make sure to insert the special compiler flag -fno-objc-arc on each Dropbox file. Also, make sure not to include all the OSX stuff. Also, Xcode will complain about many deprecated APIs it uses. (Presumably it is these issues that is stopping Dropbox from taking the short minutes required to just release a properly rebuilt library?) Would save a lot of time for developers for Dropbox to build this using the original scripts that lipo it all together properly.

Disoreanu L.
New member | Level 1

Note: For iOS apps, bitcode is the default, but optional. If you provide bitcode, all apps and frameworks in the app bundle need to include bitcode. For watchOS apps, bitcode is required.

John A.11
New member | Level 1

Any other tips for adding source to own project? After adding 

Base64Transcoder.c, I get errors in my Prefix.pch (Expected identifier on first import).

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

John, I don't recall running into any issues like that on the occasions I've added the source code directly. Can you open an API ticket with the steps to reproduce this so we can look into it?

Fabien L.
New member | Level 1

Few months later, still no bitcode enabled FW, obsolete source files,... All this is normal ?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

We don't have an updated Core SDK release with bitcode enabled, but I'll send this along as feedback to the team.

Fabien L.
New member | Level 1

I just realized that a new API is available. Swift based. This is probably best option.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi all, we have a new release of the iOS Core SDK built with bitcode:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers-v1/core/sdks/ios

Fabien L.
New member | Level 1

Great news ! Thanks for this.

Need more support?