cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not receiving responses

Not receiving responses

AliLezama
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I'm new with the Api of DropBox in general. Right now I'm trying to integrate the api on my iOS app. I followed this steps I managed to get it working on Xcode Version 9.2  with Swift 3.2. I have already signIn with my user and created a folder just as the examples says. What I really want to do is to get the user files list, but I'm making the request almost the same as the creatinFolder but I just dont get a response. I would be very happy with any help 

let client = Dropbox.authorizedClient;
client?.files.listFolder(path:"").response 
{ response, error in if let response = response
{ print("Response: ",response); let data = response.entries; for file in data { print(file.name); } }
else if let error = error
{ print("Error: ",error); } }

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
What version number of the Dropbox SDK do you have installed? The SDK doesn't have a `Dropbox.authorizedClient`, just `DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient`.

(If you're not running the latest version, currently v4.5.0, please upgrade and try reproducing the issue again.)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Can you check if `client` is `nil`? It looks like you maybe meant to use `DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient` instead of `Dropbox.authorizedClient`.

AliLezama
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Greg, thanks for your help.

But as I mentioned when I run the test to create a folder on myDropBox it does create it, without response. When I try to get files I've checked the client and it isn't nil. 
About the use of 'Dropbox.authorizedClient' instead of 'DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient', is because xcode told me i didn't found the 'DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient'.

I track the request response and on Alamofire the validate function does not return neither Success nor Failure. I'm going to try Alamofire request alone to see if theres a problem

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
What version number of the Dropbox SDK do you have installed? The SDK doesn't have a `Dropbox.authorizedClient`, just `DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient`.

(If you're not running the latest version, currently v4.5.0, please upgrade and try reproducing the issue again.)

AliLezama
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks Greg, I don't know why but my cocoaPods had an error and did not download the last version of Dropbox SDK. Had to uninstall cocoa and reinstall and redownload everything, now i got it working and also I'm using DropboxClientsManager.
Sorry for the trouble and once again thanks.
Need more support?