cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: OS X 10.11 bitcode support for Dropbox Sync API?

OS X 10.11 bitcode support for Dropbox Sync API?

Brendan D.
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I know that the Dropbox Sync API is deprecated, but would you be able to make a build for OS X 10.11 which has the bitcode flag enabled?

I'm getting the following error (and lots of them) when I compile with Xcode 7 now:

ld: warning: URGENT: all bitcode will be dropped because '/Users/brendan/Projects/tapforms-ios/Pods/Dropbox-Sync-API-SDK/dropbox-ios-sync-sdk-3.1.2/Dropbox.framework/Dropbox(value.o)' was built without bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target. Note: This will be an error in the future.

Thanks,

Brendan

34 Replies 34

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Sorry, no sarcasm intended. I just meant it was great that you won't have to do the work to migrate off of the Sync SDK.

To clarify though, both the Core SDK and Sync SDK are built on v1 of the Core API, which is still supported. It's just the client-side Sync SDK itself that is deprecated, so you don't have any migration work to do right now.

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9

So if I have an app in the App Store that uses those old API's, is it going to stop working this month?

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

Bob, please see https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2015/04/deprecating-the-sync-and-datastore-apis/ for details on the deprecation.

To directly answer your question, no, it won't stop working.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Bob, we have a new release of the iOS Core SDK built with bitcode:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers-v1/core/sdks/ios

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9

OK thanks.  My apps are still using the same ancient SDK from around 2010 probably.  I would like to change over to the new SDK but I don't have time right now due to another project.  Hopefully I can find the time to try and make the switch.

Bob

Need more support?