cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objective C Framework Install

Objective C Framework Install

AppleGG
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm having some major issues here. I see there have been recent updates. I don't use GitHub or Carthage. Just trying to get something working. My question is whether or not I really need to imbed the subproject? Or does the compiled framework contain everything I need to add to my project?

14 Replies 14

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @David M.301, no, unfortunately I don't have any news on potentially offering the API v2 Objective-C SDK as a .framework download. I don't believe the team has plans to do so right now. I'll add your vote to the feature request. For reference, one of the developers added some information about this to this GitHub issue requesting it.

Have you tried any of the supported installation methods? I've personally found CocoaPods to be the easiest to set up.

jplw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox is being completely ridiculous and unprofessional.  It is bad enough not being backwards compatible with V1 apps, but not providing a sinple xcode framwork is unacceptable.  I plan to drop Dropbox completely.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@jplw Thanks for the feedback! I'll send it along to the team.

mms
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi there. 
Any news on having the ability to export the xcode subjproject as a framework? I don't need to keep the complete project inside my application since I'm using just the framework.
Looking forward to your positive response.
Thanks and regards,
MMs

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@mms No, I don't have an update on this unfortunately. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    mms Helpful | Level 6
    jplw New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?