cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem in fectching auth code.

Problem in fectching auth code.

varungarg
Explorer | Level 3

Hi , 

I have integrated dropbox using code flow in my desktop app. I open a browser in my app for authorization. It was working fine previously but since past few days i am facing a problem that it redirects to the redirect uri before/without  giving the authorization code.

But after this if i again navigate to initial uri to fetch auth code , this time i get the code.

Please help me with the steps i should take to overcome this. 

THANKS

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox API, but I'll need some more information. Please reply with:
- the name and version of the platform and SDK/library you are using, if any
- the full text of any error or unexpected output
- the steps to reproduce the issue, including relevant code snippet(s)

Note that the Dropbox OAuth app authorization flow may automatically redirect the user if they have already authorized the app, but an authorization code should still be included on the redirect URI when doing so. It sounds like you're saying that an authorization code is not given, which would be unexpected. (If you want to disable the automatic redirect behavior though, you can do so via the 'force_reapprove' parameter.)

varungarg
Explorer | Level 3

Problem was that after entering the credentials i was being redirected to the redirect uri which getting the auth code.

i don't know why suddenly i started to get this problem. It was running well from past one year.

force_reapprove did the trick.

Thanks 

Need more support?