cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python API - Find out who uploaded file to shared folder

Python API - Find out who uploaded file to shared folder

Jackaroo
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

I've been looking through the documentation for the python API but I'm unable to find a function that will allow me to find out who uploaded a file to a shared folder. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this? I am able to see who uploads a file on the dropbox dashboard in a browser, so I assume this functionality must be here somewhere.. Any help greatly appreciated :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can get the account ID of the account that last uploaded the file in FileSharingInfo.modified_by. For instance, you can get that from FileMetadata.sharing_info as returned by files_get_metadata or files_list_folder/files_list_folder_continue.

You can get more information about a particular account based on an account ID using users_get_account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can get the account ID of the account that last uploaded the file in FileSharingInfo.modified_by. For instance, you can get that from FileMetadata.sharing_info as returned by files_get_metadata or files_list_folder/files_list_folder_continue.

You can get more information about a particular account based on an account ID using users_get_account.

Jackaroo
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

Apologies I didn't respond sooner. I got this working with your help! Thank you :grinning: I'm not sure how I missed this when looking through the documentation...

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jackaroo Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?