cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: QNAP HBS3 Dropbox api limits

QNAP HBS3 Dropbox api limits

Tommy76
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,
I'm wondering if syncing files from QNAP using HBS3 app will user API limits on Business Accounts? Or it's whitelisted and limits are not used?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, I don't have a screenshot of that. The text would be "You're about to link an app that will consume your team's available upload API quota." though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like you're referring to the "1 billion API calls/month" noted here:

https://www.dropbox.com/plans?trigger=nr

This is a limit on the number of upload API calls that can be made per team per month, for certain Dropbox Business team plans.

I don't have a specific list of these apps available to see which are subject to that limit, but when you are prompted to decide whether or not to connect the app to your account, the app authorization page will show you a warning if the app would consume your team's data transport API call limit. If it doesn't show the warning, it will not consume it.

Tommy76
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Do you have any screenshot of such promt?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, I don't have a screenshot of that. The text would be "You're about to link an app that will consume your team's available upload API quota." though.

Tommy76
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you 🙂

Need more support?