cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Re-authenticate using access token

Re-authenticate using access token

katharina
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, i get access token in my app using dropbox api. i want to reauthenticate in the same app on other device using these access token. How i can program it in objective c. Kinldy provide me solutions for this as i need it very badly.

Looking for needfull help.

regards

17 Replies 17

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Once you've set the access token in the session, and retrieved a client with that session, as above, you can use that client to make calls.

The tutorial covers the basic of using a client to make calls. For example, to list a folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers-v1/core/start/ios#listing

What part specifically isn't working for you?

katharina
Explorer | Level 3
HI greg,

Suppose i have access token like "dsfhakfhanflfjfba455".

So can you suggest me how i can login to the dropbox without redirecting to the Login controller of dropbox.
Plz help me with a proper code. I am stuck at this from past 2 weeks.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Can you share the code you have so far and post the error or unexpected output you're getting? If I see what's not working for you, I may be able to offer more help.

Also, is your access token just one piece like that? If so, you likely have an OAuth 2 access token. You indicated you're using the v1 iOS Core SDK, which uses OAuth 1 access tokens, but if you got the token elsewhere, it is likely an OAuth 2 access token. You'll need an OAuth 1 access token if you're using the iOS Core SDK.

If you are working with an OAuth 2 access token, I do recommend using the API v2 SDK instead, per my original message. (That's recommended anyway, as API v1 is deprecated.)

katharina
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Greg,

MY token is similar to this y4yp61aez2fn8
--- hope so that now you can understand my query.
My query---- How i can authorise from different devices using the access token or DBSesssion. And once i authorise i want to fetch the data of dropbox. i need the coding solution for this.

katharina
Explorer | Level 3
Yes, this is my query is that how we can set the access token in the session and how to retrieve the client. Once you help me to fix it after that i can easily fetch the data. Help me to find solution with code in objective c.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like "y4yp61aez2fn8" is the key for an OAuth 1 access token. There should also be a corresponding secret value for the OAuth 1 access token. With those values, you can set the access token using the updateAccessToken method I mentioned ealier.

I don't have any pre-written code for this to share though, as this is not something we recommend you do, and that SDK is deprecated anyway.

That said, if you need help, please share the code you have so far and post the error or unexpected output you're getting. If I see what's not working for you, I may be able to offer more help.

katharina
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, i have all access token, token sercert, user id, And i use this all in such way.
1. I create a method for the updateToken as below and in this method i am fetching the folder of dropbox.
2 I call this method to update token in viewDid Load
3 When i run the app, it did not display the folder of the dropbox and even do not that it is logged in the dropbox using updated access or not.

- (void)viewDidLoad
{
[super viewDidLoad]; 
[self updateAccessToken:@"zu7k2w75btivr" accessTokenSecret:@"ndxj3c5u4kzp3" forUserId:@"653926434"];
}

//update access token method
- (void)updateAccessToken:(NSString *)token accessTokenSecret:(NSString *)secret forUserId:(NSString *)userId
{
[self.restClient loadMetadata:@"/"];
}

Error---

[WARNING] DropboxSDK: error making request to /1/account/info - (400) invalid_request
[WARNING] DropboxSDK: error making request to /1/metadata/dropbox - (400) invalid_request

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks! That's helpful. It looks like you're defining your own updateAccessToken method. That's actually an existing method on DBSession though. You shouldn't define your own. You should call that on your DBSession instance before attempting API calls such as loadMetadata.
Need more support?