cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh token without using oauth

Refresh token without using oauth

Gilles219
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dear all

I am developing a web platform for managing a company file. It will mainly allow certain employees or external users to upload files on the company's dropbox account. Every actions like folder creation, file addition, etc,  will be done exclusively on the company's dropbox account, so I do not need the authorization of the dropbox account of the enduser of the website.

I would like to know what would be the best way to generate the token for the different requests transparently to the users of the platform (without the oauth2 flow since I  need  only access to the company's dropbox account)

Thanks

Sorry for my english

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It's not possible to get a refresh token without using the OAuth flow, but refresh tokens don't expire, so you only need to process the OAuth flow once per Dropbox account. You can find more information in the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation. There's also an example here that may be helpful.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It's not possible to get a refresh token without using the OAuth flow, but refresh tokens don't expire, so you only need to process the OAuth flow once per Dropbox account. You can find more information in the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation. There's also an example here that may be helpful.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?