cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Regarding Download API - 461 Status

Regarding Download API - 461 Status

Naga Abhinaya T
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I have developed an app using Dropbox jar (v1.8). While downloading files using the client jar, I get the following response.

unexpected HTTP status code: 461: {"error": "This file is no longer available due to a takedown request under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act by steven a hardinger."}

This is happening only for the "Getting Started.pdf" file in Dropbox.. However, I can directly download the file from Dropbox. Can you please throw some light on this? All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Naga Abhinaya T

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! This should be fixed now.

By the way, based on the version number of the SDK you mentioned (1.8) it sounds like you're using the Java Core SDK, which uses API v1. API v1 is deprecated, so you should migrate to the API v2 Java SDK.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! This should be fixed now.

By the way, based on the version number of the SDK you mentioned (1.8) it sounds like you're using the Java Core SDK, which uses API v1. API v1 is deprecated, so you should migrate to the API v2 Java SDK.

Naga Abhinaya T
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Greg! We are in the process of migrating to API V2.

Need more support?