cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to publish a subset of dropbox java library

Request to publish a subset of dropbox java library

n. masafumi
New member | Level 2

I looked at the transition of the number of functions contained in the library of recent dropbox.

In the following investigation, I created a sample application, bundled a library of dropbox in it, created a apk file using proguard, and examined it by D & D to android studio.

v3.0.3 - 14,064
v3.0.4 - 24,764
v3.0.5 - 24,946
v3.0.6 - 31,374

The function is increasing more and more.

As you know, android has a 64K method limitation problem.

In any case, it will exceed that limit in conjunction with functions of other libraries.

Of course, using MultiDex may also be a solution.

However, there is a simpler way than such a way to force users inconvenience.

It is to publish a subset version of the library of dropbox.
What I need is a very basic function, that is, upload files, download them, get a list of files being uploaded, rename and delete the uploaded files. Only this. I think that this functionality is what many users are asking for.

Since it is OK in the future, when publishing a new library, by all means please submit a subset version of this level at the same time.

I wrote various kinds of complaints, but I am very satisfied with the function of the library and I would like to continue using it in the future.

So, I hopefully wish the development team to take up the opinion of this one user, I would like to end it.

Thank you very much.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the feedback! I'm sending it along to the team.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?